Volunteers will be required to obtain the following clearances, which will are free.
- A Child Abuse Clearance
- A Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal History Check
If you already have the above clearances they need to be dated within the past 57 months.
- Clearances for similar organizations are acceptable providing they are dated within the past 57 months
- The Criminal History check is free and so is the Child Abuse Clearance providing it is new or 57 months after the last free application.
How do you do this?
- For the Child Abuse Clearances go to: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS/Public/Home and create an account. Answer the questions.
- For the Criminal History Clearance go to: https://epatch.state.pa.us/ (Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History)
- Click on the yellow button New Record Check (Volunteers only)
- Follow simple directions. They will ask for the Family Promise of Lower Bucks Telephone Number put this in: 215-943-0402
- Print out certificate at the end and send it to your Congregation Coordinator or to Jessica Schwartz, Director, at this address:
c/o Family Promise of Lower Bucks
1700 Woodbourne Rd, STE B
Levittown, PA 19057
Note: If you’ve lived in another state in the last 10 years you also need to do an FBI clearance.
- To register for that process, please go to www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpw.htm This clearance is not free.